A locavore is someone committed to eating locally grown, seasonal foods. The efforts of locavores can be important—and delicious—steps toward healthful eating, helping the environment, and supporting local farmers.
1. Explore the benefits and challenges of going local
2. Find your local food sources
3. Cook a simple dish showcasing local ingredients
4. Make a recipe with local ingredients
5. Try a local cooking challenge
When I've earned this badge, I'll know how to prepare a meal of seasonal and locally grown dishes.
Iron-on. Twill with embroidery. Polyester. Made in USA.
Girl Scout badges, awards, and other insignia that are earned for the accomplishment of skill building activities or any set requirements should be presented, worn, or displayed only after Girl Scouts have completed the requirements outlined in the appropriate program materials.